As part of the expansion of Single Touch Payroll (known as STP Phase 2), from 1 January 2022, employers will need to report additional payroll information in their STP reports. The ATO will support employers with the move to STP Phase 2 reporting.
Additional information included in the STP reports includes:
- disaggregation of gross amounts (including separate reporting of paid leave, allowances, overtime, directors’ fees and salary sacrifice amounts);
- employment and taxation conditions (including information from the TFN declaration); and
- income types (for example, salary and wages, working holiday maker income, foreign employment income).
To support employers with the move to STP Phase 2 reporting, the ATO will take the following approach:
- Employers that can start Phase 2 reporting by their digital service provider’s deferral date (if applicable), do not need to apply to the ATO for more time.
- If an employer’s software will be ready for 1 January 2022 and they are able to start reporting before 1 March 2022, they do not need to apply to the ATO for more time (that is, an automatic extension applies).
The ATO has also advised that penalties will not be applied for genuine mistakes in the first year of Phase 2 reporting until 31 December 2022.
Please contact our team on 03 9708 8801 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like support for additional STP reporting obligations as part of STP Phase 2 requirements.
Please Note: Many of the comments in this publication are general in nature and anyone intending to apply the information to practical circumstances should seek professional advice to independently verify their interpretation and the information’s applicability to their particular circumstances. The information contained within this document is of a general nature only and neither represents nor is intended to be personal advice on any particular matter. Robinson Voss Partners (RV Partners) strongly suggests that no person should act specifically on the basis of the information in this document, but should obtain appropriate professional advice based on their own personal circumstances.
Robinson Voss Financial Pty Ltd T/A Robinson Voss Partners is a Corporate Authorised Representative (No 001263089) of GPS Wealth Ltd AFSL 254 544 Australian Credit Licence 254 544 ABN 17 005 482 726. www.gpswealth.com.au